TIMES AND ACCESS
Venue opens: 8.30 pm
Concert begins: 8.45 pm
Film starts: 10 pm
Place: Fossat de Santa Eulàlia moat at Montjuïc Castle (Castell de Montjuïc)
HOW TO GET THERE
Own vehicle: Spectators can reach the venue by car, motorbike or bicycle, parking in the free parking areas around the castle.
Bus: There is a free bus shuttle service from Plaça d’Espanya, departing from a point between Avinguda de Reina Maria Cristina and Avinguda del Paral·lel (the exact location of the bus-stop may vary according to traffic arrangements to and from Mount Montjuïc)
- Buses going up: from 8.15 to 9.30 pm
- Buses going down: after the end of the film
General admission: €6,50 (banking expenses included)
Children (from 6 to 12 years) €4. For the Film-concert The Cameraman admission free for all children.
Children under 6 years: Admission free.
- Lounger hire: €3,25 (banking expenses included)
- Visit to the castle: €5
- Eco-picnic: €11 (banking expenses included)
- Ticket for 3 screenings: €17 (banking expenses included)
- Ticket for 5 screenings: €22€ (banking expenses included)
General admission: €6.50
Children under 12 years: Admission free
Lounger hire: €3
IMPORTANT NOTE: Capacity at the venue is limited. The availability of tickets and loungers at the box office on the day depends on advance sales.
BAR & ECO-PICNIC
BAR AND ECO-PICNIC
Spectators at Sala Montjuïc can bring food and drink they want from home if they like, but they will also find bar and restaurant services at the venue. The drinks available include soft drinks, water, Damm beer, fruit juice and wine (D.O. Catalunya red, white and rosé). The food at the Sala Montjuïc xiringuito bar is ecological, freshly-made and absolutely delicious!
- BURGERS with sourdough bread: Classic (100% bio beef), Pulp Fiction (100% bio beef + cheese and/or bacon), Mac Montjuïc (100% veggie) and Reial (100% veggie with cheese)
- Home-made PIZZA: Margherita Cherry, Kimcheese, Parmigiana and specials of the day
- Super-crunchy CHIPS with your favourite sauce
- Spicy vegetable SAMOSAS with Thai sauce
- HUMMUS with turmeric and totopos
WHAT ARE ECO-PICNICS?
Eco-picnics are packed meals that you can order in advance. They include a burger, chips and a soft drink or beer. All for just 10 euros when you order in advance (25% less than if you purchase one on arrival)
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
In case of rain, the procedure is as follows:
- If the organisers decide to suspend the session due to rain before opening time (8.30 pm), all those who bought advance tickets will be reimbursed.
- If a session is cancelled due to rain after 8.30 pm, spectators can attend any other session, free of charge.
VISIT TO THE CASTLE
Would you like to learn more about Montjuïc Castle and the history of Barcelona? Fancy a guided tour of this magnificent site, enjoying views over the city before watching a good film in the open air? Well, now you can: this activity takes you on a really unique visit to Montjuïc Castle to learn more about its history; we will stop to look out over Barcelona from the various viewpoints, and then take our places in the Sala Montjuïc to enjoy good music and a great film in the open air!
Tours take place every day that there is a film session:
- Tour begins: 7 pm
- Duration: 60 min
- Sala Montjuïc: 8.30 pm
Maximum number of people per group: 25
Price: €11 (tour + admission to Sala Montjuïc)
Meeting point: main gate of the Castle
WHO WE ARE
Sala Montjuïc is a project organised by Associació Cultural MODIband, a cultural association established in 2003 to stage open-air and auteur children’s film festivals. We also present My First Festival (children’s film festival) and have established Rita&Luca Films, an independent children’s film distribution label. We also work regularly with other cultural institutions, enabling new audiences to discover the diversity of the cinematic world. We at MODIband love films and believe in culture as a source of personal and collective enrichment, as a reflection of the creative and ideological diversity that exists in the world and as a driver for social change.
More info: www.modiband.com